So last week when I was at Portfolio Day I was talking to this really interesting guy from PNCA. Among other things (such as "STOP UNDERACHIEVING!" and "Apply to Stanford!" oh my.) he told me I need connect my art to me on a more personal level.. I was talking about how I like math and he said that math and art should not be seen as two separate things. I thought that was kinda interesting, seeing as how I am doing my concentration on architecture with the elements and principles of art. Architecture really combines art and math. I have been focusing more on the artistic side than the math side so far. I have been trying to be more loose and abstract as opposed to tight and measured in my pieces.
Here is an example of an artist who was a master at combining the two: M.C. Escher
No comments:
Post a Comment