Sunday, January 30, 2011
January
So a little review: my concentration is architecture. That's about as specific as it gets right now! I suppose you could say i am exploring the concrete forms of buildings in more abstract ways.. Architecture is very exact and mathematical (which is kinda how my mind works), yet can be portrayed very abstractly. My pieces are kind of where the two aspects meet in the middle - elements of preciseness and of abstraction. So here is what I have been working on for this month:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love how different these two pieces are! The first piece has great use of shape and line. I think the diagonal lines across the corners really make the piece look finished. They keep your eyes moving around the painting. And I like the black rectangle, because it helps give the painting a sense of depth.
ReplyDeleteThe second piece is nice too! Very precise and literal. But that realistic style works because of the blue print. Its like your emphasising the precision and accuracy of architecture. I would have liked to see more contrast in the building though (some darker darks).
Great job Monet! These both look great!
I really like both of these! the one on the left had great texture that really make the buildings stand out and the line, like Eva said, really keep your eyes moving around the piece. On the one on the right i really like the blue print on top which makes the piece special, but i think that the house could use a bit more shading, and some of the lines of the roof and the porch aren't strait and don't like up quite right, but overall i really like the look of the piece!
ReplyDeleteI really like the use of the blueprint housing plans on the one to the right! Very clever and creative. I think that it would have been awesome if you got some pieces of an old semi transparent housing plans and pasted it on part of the picture..haha just an idea? I really like the abstract take in the first piece the strait lines really give a very industrial look and i totally get the impression of skyscrapers when looking at it without even having to know that the painting is about buildings. i think that maybe the second piece could have more detail because it looks like the painting itself was fairly rushed and I also feel like maybe you should try to get crisper sharper lines and it might give the house a more industrial look as well
ReplyDelete