
So pretty much I try and do art that is not super perfect and a little more loose and abstract and it is just an epic fail! This is my work of art project thus far (there are numbers and letters on the license plate. that counts right?!). I don't know how to make it better! It looks worse in real life. Haha. Advice?
First of all, kudos for painting more loosely/abstractly, it's a lot more difficult than most people would assume. I don't think it's an 'epic fail'... but to give advice, I would say that it still looks a little too perfect- the roof line of the furthest building is precise while the roof of the closest building is not so precise. It seems to me that the trick to makeing a successful abstract/loose peice of art is making simple gestures with purpose (purposeful-gesture painting? <-- kinda, like life drawings). Well, here's a lenghty comment that may be more confusing than helpful, haha but it's hard for someone who doesn't do abstract paintings well.
ReplyDeleteYeah so I think what could help, well this could make it silly, but to do colors on the grey. Well that's actually a bad idea now that I see, the grey kind of makes the blue of the walls pop. But for some reason I want it to just be all different colors, you use grey so much!
ReplyDeleteBut yeah, Monet, you always manage to make non-perfect things as perfect as you still can. But it isn't a fail. It's like either just go at it and get super messy (ehh), go and make it brighter. ok that's what I want. I know it may have a reason for being dull, but I don't actually know. I'm making stuff up. But if it isn't, use big time contrast to make it stand out and not look like a moosh.
I hope that makes sense. Once again. Work on contrast missy.